What is grow bark?
- A fine, matured, European pine bark designed as a major growing medium ingredient.
- An ideal additive to peat or its alternatives.
Typical crop applications
- Nursery stock, bedding plants, pot plants, herbaceous perennials, alpines, interior landscaping, bulb fibre, micropropagation, tubs and hanging baskets, vegetable and forest transplants
- Allows the replacement of up to 80% of peat without any loss of quality or reliability in the compost or crop
- This product is suitable for Soil Association-approved growers or producers
- Promotes strong healthy growth
- Equally suitable for ericaceous and non-ericaceous subjects
- Low nutrient levels allows complete control over fertilizer additions
- Very suitable as an additive to peat alternatives
- Extremely competitively priced compared to peat and peat alternatives
- Produced from European pine bark
- Melcourt GrowbarkÂ® is approved by the Soil Association as a Restricted Input for organic systems.
- Extremely uniform, free-flowing texture
- pH 4.5 – 5.5
- Low nutrient content
- Sound, stable structure, which will not measurably degrade with time
- Provides excellent air-water balance
- Entirely pest, disease and weed free
- Bulk density similar to peat
- Rich dark brown in colour
- Tried and tested over many years
- Evidence of a degree of pathogen suppression
- Toxin free
- Pleasant odour
How to use grow bark
- Melcourt GrowbarkÂ® – Pine can be used to replace up to 80% of the peat in normal compost mixes.
- Melcourt GrowbarkÂ® – Pine blends easily with other compost ingredients whether mixed by hand or machine.
- No additional fertilizer over and above the normal addition is required, other than supplementary nitrogen in some cases. See Guidance Notes.
- Melcourt’s technical staff will be happy to advise on the use of Melcourt GrowbarkÂ® – Pine with materials other than peat.
- Addition of Melcourt GrowbarkÂ® – Pine does not require any changes to the normal regime of crop management.
Video: How to add bark to your compost with Fertile Fibre
How to buy
You can buy our ready-made composts and grow bark online. You can also place an order by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01432 85311