What is potting bark?
This matured, European pine bark chip, is mid to dark brown in colour, with virtually no fines. Particles are very small, predominately being 3-15 mm. It’s designed for incorporation into peat-based or peat-free growing media.
This product is suitable for Soil Association-approved growers or producers
Melcourt Potting BarkTM is approved by the Soil Association as a Restricted Input for organic systems
What are its properties?
- pH 4.5 – 5.5
- Very low nutrient level
- Long lasting and resilient
- Pest, disease and weed free
- Toxin free
- Pleasant odour
What can it do?
- Improves long-term structural stability of soils
- Be a pot mulch to suppress weed, moss and liverwort growth
- Promotes strong, active rooting as a result of ideal compost conditions
- Considerably reduces winter losses caused by waterlogging of the compost
- Ideal for increasing the air-filled porosity of growing media