Coir is ideal for seeds and cuttings. It can be used as a base for homemade composts or added to aerate garden waste composts. Coir is known by many different names including coco, coco coir, cocopeat, coco peat, coir fibre, coconut husks and coconut fibre.
Coir can be used for seeds and cuttings as long as they are potted up once established.
Use approx 25 Litres per bale to rehydrate.
Check out our quick and easy video tutorials on using coir, planting seeds, cuttings and potting up.
- Re-wets easily
- Good water retention qualities
- pH - between 5.5 and 6.5
- Does not blow away in the wind
- Pleasant to handle
- Made from the renewable resource of coconut trees
Quantities and deliveries
- A 5 Kg bale will expand to 70 litres when rehydrated
- Use 15 Litres to Rehydrate