Coir is ideal for seeds and cuttings. Our 5kg organic coconut coir bales can be used as a base for homemade composts or added to aerate garden waste composts. Coir is known by many different names, including coco, coco coir, cocopeat, coco peat, coir fibre, coconut husks and coconut fibre.
Order your organic coconut coir bale online now for speedy UK-wide delivery.
- Coconut coir bales can be used for seeds and cuttings as long as they’re potted up once established
- Use approx 25 litres of water per coconut coir bale to rehydrate
Check out our quick and easy video tutorials on using coir, planting seeds and cuttings, and potting up.
The Soil Association
Key features of our 5kg coconut coir bale
- Re-wets easily
- Good water retention qualities
- Peat-free coconut coir
- pH - between 5.5 and 6.5
- Does not blow away in the wind
- Pleasant to handle
- Made from the renewable resource of coconut trees
Quantities and deliveries
A 5kg coconut coir bale will expand to 70 litres when rehydrated