Born out of the fight to combat needless single-use plastics.
FertileFibre plastic-free DIY compost is the first plastic-free growing medium in the UK.
The FertileFibre plastic-free seed DIY compost should be rehydrated with 25 litres of water. This will increase to 70 litres of compost.
Information about the plastic-free compost range is accessible here
The DIY composting steps are available here
- We are proud to have put together a product that is 100% plastic-free. From box to tape, bags to document holders, all of these items can be recycled and sustainably disposed of
- You can find out more about all of the products in the plastic-free DIY compost range here, along with why we chose them and how to dispose of them
- Instructions for creating your own plastic-free DIY seed compost are included in the box, but they’re also available online here
- Ideal for seeds and cuttings, this is a mixture of organic coir, vermiculite and FertileFibre nutrients
- The coir is made from coconut husk and encourages both germination and fast rooting
- The small specks of white and gold vermiculite help to control watering and have excellent insulating properties
- Slow-release nutrients
- Plastic-free experience
- 100% organic seed compost
- DIY - do it yourself
- Suitable for transplants, containers, and propagation
- Gives strong, even growth
- Ideal for crops of vigorous growth and heavy production
- Our DIY seed compost contains certified organic coir
- Suitable for a wide range of plants
- 100% peat-free DIY compost
- No green waste
- Follow the plastic-free instructions to the letter. This will ensure that your DIY seed compost is most effective and gives you the best results
- As with other mediums and composts, your plants will, over a period of time, use up all of the available nutrients, so it’s a good idea to feed them to keep them productive and lush! We have two great organic fertilisers - our organic garden fertiliser pellets (a tried and tested slow-release fertiliser option) or our NuGro liquid feed (for an instant plant pick-me-up!)
- To add extra plant food whilst potting, add the recommended amount of general fertiliser. Alternatively, use a liquid feed such as NuGro
More information on delivery can be found here
Fertile Fibre Plastic Free is the first plastic free growing medium. It was born out of the need to combat needless single-use plastic pollution.
We are proud to have put together a product that is 100% plastic free. From box to tape, bags to document holders, all of these items can be recycled and sustainably disposed.