Born out of the fight to combat needless single-use plastics.
FertileFibre Plastic Free DIY is the first plastic free growing medium in the UK.
The FertileFibre Plastic Free Seed DIY Compost should be re hydrated with 25 Litres of water. This will increase to 70L of compost.
- We are proud to have put together a product that is 100% plastic free. From box to tape, bags to document holders, all of these items can be recycled and sustainably disposed.
- You can find out more about all the products in the Plastic Free range here, why we choose them and how to dispose of them.
Ideal for seeds and cuttings, this is a mixture of organic coir, vermiculite and Fertile Fibre nutrients.
The coir – made from coconut husk - encourages both germination and fast rooting. The small specks of white and gold vermiculite help control watering and have excellent insulating properties.
- Slow-release nutrients
- Plastic Free Experience
- 100% organic
- DIY - Do It Yourself
- Suitable for transplants, containers, and propagation
- Gives strong, even growth
- Ideal for crops of vigorous growth and heavy production
- Contains certified organic coir
- Suitable for a wide range of plants
- 100% peat-free
- No green waste
Follow the Plastic Free instructions to the letter. This will ensure that your product is most effective and give you the best results.
As with other mediums and composts your plants will, over a period of time, use up all the available nutrients - it’s a good idea to feed them to keep them productive and lush! We have two great organic fertilisers - our Organic Garden Fertiliser Pellets - a well tried and tested slow release fertiliser or try the NuGo Liquid feed for an instant plant pick-me-up!
- To add extra plant food whilst potting, add the recommended amount of 5F'sgeneral fertilise Alternatively use a liquid feed such as NuGro
More information on delivery can be found here
Fertile Fibre Plastic Free is the first plastic free growing medium. It was born out of the need to combat needless single-use plastic pollution.
We are proud to have put together a product that is 100% plastic free. From box to tape, bags to document holders, all of these items can be recycled and sustainably disposed.