Ideal for seeds and cuttings, this is a mixture of organic coir, vermiculite and Fertile Fibre nutrients. The coir – made from coconut husk – encourages both germination and fast rooting. The small specks of white and gold vermiculite help control watering and have excellent insulating properties
Tips on using seed compost
You can use the compost straight from the bag.
- Place it in seed tray or pot. Be very careful not to over compact – simply tapping the container on a hard surface is enough.
- Place seeds on top.
- Cover with the same depth of compost as thickness of seed. So if seed is 1 mm thick, cover with 1 mm of compost.
- Don’t over-water. Coir has excellent water holding capacities. We recommend watering little and often. The compost may seem dry on top but will still be wet underneath, so it’s always worth double-checking before watering.
Tips for additional feeding
As with other mediums and composts your plants will, over a period of time, use up all the available nutrients - it’s a good idea to feed them to keep them productive and lush! We have two great organic fertilisers - our Organic Garden Fertiliser Pellets - a well tried and tested slow release fertiliser or try the NuGo Liquid feed for an instant plant pick-me-up!
Check out our quick and easy video tutorials on planting seeds, cuttings and potting up.
- Promotes quick germination and fast root growth
- Enough nutrients for a healthy start
Soil Association permitted product
- Contains certified organic coir
- Suitable for a wide range of plants
- 100% peat-free
- No green waste
- Germination test on every batch
For more information Here