Original Seed Compost
Ideal for seeds and cuttings, our original peat-free seed compost is a mixture of organic coir, vermiculite and FertileFibre nutrients. The coir – made from coconut husk – encourages both germination and fast rooting. The small specks of white and gold vermiculite help to control watering and have excellent insulation properties. Order online now for speedy UK-wide delivery.
Tips on using our peat-free seed compost
- You can use this organic seed compost straight from the bag
- Place it in a seed tray or pot. Be very careful not to over compact – simply tapping the container on a hard surface is enough
- Place your seeds on top
- Cover with the same depth of compost as the thickness of seed. So, if your seed is 1mm thick, cover with 1mm of compost
- Don’t over-water. Coir has excellent water-holding capacities. We recommend watering little and often. The seed compost may seem dry on top but will still be wet underneath, so it’s always worth double-checking before watering
Tips for additional feeding
As with other mediums and composts, your plants will, over a period of time, use up all of the available nutrients - so it’s a good idea to feed them to keep them productive and lush. We have two great organic fertilisers: our organic garden fertiliser pellets
(a tried and tested slow-release fertiliser) or our NuGro liquid feed
for an instant plant pick-me-up!
Check out our quick and easy video tutorials
on planting seeds, cuttings and potting up.
- Promotes quick germination and fast root growth
- Enough nutrients for a healthy start
- Soil Association permitted product
- Contains certified organic coir
- Suitable for a wide range of plants
- 100% peat-free seed compost
- No green waste
- Germination test on every batch
For more information on our peat-free seed compost, click here.