Coir is ideal for seeds and cuttings. It can be used as a base for homemade composts or added to aerate garden waste composts. Coir is known by many different names including coco, coco coir, cocopeat, coco peat, coir fibre, coconut husks and coconut fibre.
This small coir disc is designed to fill a cup or plant pot. Although only 4cm in diameter, just add 50ml of water to expand to 50-60ml of coir.
Coir can be used for seeds and cuttings as long as they are potted up once established.
Check out our quick and easy video tutorials on using coir, planting seeds, cuttings and potting up.
- Minimum storage. 3cm diameter disc expands to 50-60ml of coir
- Re-wets easily
- Good water retention qualities
- pH neutral - between 4.5 and 6.0
- Does not blow away in the wind
- Pleasant to handle
- Made from the renewable resource of coconut trees